When the material is processed, it is necessary to make the processed material obtain the energy required for the physical change and part of the chemical change. The twin-screw extruder is one of the more commonly used machines. It can make the distribution of the components uniform and preliminary dispersion, so that the components are homogenized and the viscosity is close. So how to maintain the twin-screw extruder when it is in use?
When using a twin screw extruder, it should be maintained regularly. The maintenance procedure is carried out after the twin screw extruder has been continuously operated for 2500-5000h and shut down. Take out the twin screw elements to inspect, measure, and appraise the wear of the most important parts, replace the parts that have reached the specified wear limit in time, and repair the damaged parts. The maintenance standard of the twin screw extruder gearbox is the same as that of the general standard gearbox. Mainly check the wear and failure of gears and bearings. The gearbox should use the lubricating oil specified in the machine manual, and add oil according to the specified oil level. If the oil is too little and the lubrication is not smooth, it will reduce the service life of the parts; if the oil is too much, it will generate heat, consume a lot of energy, and the oil is easy to deteriorate, which will also make the lubrication ineffective and cause damage to the parts.
(1) Do not start the machine when the screw of the barrel extruder has not reached the predetermined temperature.
(2) Avoid metal fragments and debris from falling into the hopper. If processing recycled materials, a magnetic hopper should be added to prevent iron filings from entering the hopper.
(3) When using anti-salivation, make sure that the plastic in the barrel is completely melted to avoid damage to the transmission system parts when the twin-screw element retreats.
(4) When using new plastics, the remaining material in the barrel should be cleaned.
(5) When the temperature of the molten plastic is normal, but black spots or discoloration of the molten plastic are constantly found, check whether the rubber screw non-return ring seat (over apron, meson) is damaged.
(6) During processing, try to make the material plasticize uniformly, do not let metal foreign matter mix into the material, and reduce the torque of the screw and barrel of the extruder.
Our company specializes in producing parallel and co-rotating modular screw elements, barrels and screws, covering various models from Ø20mm to Ø300mm. After ten years of vigorous development, our company now has a number of advanced CNC machine tools and special processing equipment for screw manufacturing. Now our machining operations have basically realized intelligence and automation.
Advanced processing methods, strong technical force, and sophisticated processing technology ensure that the quality and technical indicators of each production fully meet customer requirements. If interested, please consult.