Plastic blending and modification granulation is mostly done by extruders, which are mainly divided into single screw and twin screw. With the continuous optimization of twin-screw extruder technology, the use of twin-screw extruders is also expanding. It has been widely used in the filling, blending, modification, chlorination, processing of polypropylene and super absorbent resins of rubber, plastics and engineering resins.
1. Intuitively understand the wear and tear of wearing parts. Due to the convenient opening, the degree of wear of the screw elements and the inner liner of the barrel can be found at any time, so that effective maintenance or replacement can be carried out. It will not be discovered when there is a problem with the extruded product, causing unnecessary waste.
2. Reduce production costs. When manufacturing masterbatch, it is often necessary to change the color. If it is necessary to change the product, open the open processing area within a few minutes. In addition, the mixing process can be analyzed by observing the melt profile on the entire screw. At present, the common twin-screw extruder needs to use a large amount of cleaning material to clean the machine when changing the color, which is time-consuming, energy-consuming, and waste of raw materials. The split twin-screw extruder can solve this problem. When changing the color, it only takes a few minutes to quickly open the barrel for manual cleaning, so that no or less cleaning materials can be used, which saves costs.
3. Improve labor efficiency. During equipment maintenance, ordinary twin-screw extruders often have to remove the heating and cooling systems first, and then take out the screw as a whole. The split twin screw is not needed. Just loosen a few bolts and turn the worm gear box handle device to lift the upper half of the twin screw barrel to open the entire barrel and then perform maintenance. This not only shortens maintenance time, but also reduces labor intensity.
4. High torque and high speed. At present, the development trend of twin-screw extruders in the world is toward high torque, high speed, and low energy consumption. The effect of high speed is high productivity. The split twin-screw extruder belongs to this category, and its speed can be up to 500 rpm. So it has unique advantages in processing high viscosity and heat sensitive materials.
5. A wide range of applications, suitable for the processing of a variety of materials; high output, high quality, and high efficiency can be achieved.