1. During the extrusion production process, because the process temperature is too low or the extruder barrel is mixed with metal foreign matter with the material, the working torque of the extruder screw will suddenly increase, and this torque force exceeds the strength limit of the screw, causing the screw to twist off.
2. If there are fillers such as calcium carbonate or glass fiber in the material, it will increase the abrasion of the extruder screw and extruder barrel.
3. The extruder screw rotates in the extruder barrel to extrude the material. The long-term friction between the screw, barrel and the material will inevitably cause the abrasion of the screw and barrel. The inner diameter of the barrel will gradually increase and the outer diameter of the screw will gradually decrease. In this way, the gap between the screw and the barrel will increase as the two gradually wear.
4. Improper operation, unstable process temperature control, and frequent decomposition of extruded materials, such as PVC decomposition will release a large amount of HCI gas, which intensifies the corrosion of extruder spare parts.
5. The heat treatment hardness of the working surface of the extruder screw or extruder barrel does not reach the required value, which will accelerate the wear of the two parts.
6. Improper selection of materials for the extruder screw and extruder barrel makes the working strength of the two parts insufficient and shortens their working life.